Hello all from Munster, Indiana. After horrendous heat our final days before the move, Annabelle's ear infections, and my own trip to the hospital on Sunday (for severe coughing - no big worries, I just had a respiratory infection), it seems we are finally starting to settle into our new life in Indiana. Annabelle has now gone to her new daycare for two days and I must say, she has done better then I had expected. She was very clingy to me all weekend after the move - I think the big changes in her life really scared her a bit and mom was safe. After those days I was sure the move to a new daycare would be difficult. It was, for me - I cried a lot when I left her there, but as the kids sat down to sing songs Annabelle turned to Sam and I and waved and said "eh" - she grunted goodbye essentially but didn't seem to mind us leaving.
I got through the first day because I was busy. She did well, although she fought napping in a cot because she had never done that before - but apparently after fussing a bit she finally took a nap. Day two was today and she has been surprisingly outgoing and busy at daycare. She has not been eating lunch, which is not like her at all - she always chowed down at Anna's, but I think she is still adjusting. Sleeping at night is still a bit difficult and I know this will be the case for awhile - we have changed everything in her world and it makes sense she is feeling a little unsure about things.
I still miss taking her to Anna's and my first day in the office will be really hard, but all in all, we made it. Our new house is wonderful and although it is still a mess, it is starting to fee like home already. The dogs adore the big yard and Annabelle is having a hoot climbing the stairs inside and venturing out in the grass outside. I think we have a lot of wonderful years ahead of us in this home.
Happy late Memorial Day!
Wednesday, May 30, 2007
We made it!!
Posted by
Nicole Spicer
at
8:05 PM