Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Thanks Anna

It has been a rough week in the Spicer home. As our current home fills with boxes and furniture in disarray we come to find out that our poor little girl has been really sick all week. We knew she was sick, but just today found out she has a double ear infection. Needless to say, between that, the heat in our no-A/C apartment, and Annabelle not being able to sleep at all - it has been a long and strange week. It's also our last week in Chicago before the big move this weekend to our new home in Munster, Indiana. With that comes some emotional difficulties as well.

Today was Annabelle's last day at her daycare with Anna and Monica. What can I say? I dreaded this day months ago when we first decided to move because I love taking Annabelle to Anna's. Anna has taken care of Annabelle 5 days of the week since she was 10 weeks old - she was the second mom during the day that I could not be while I was at work. Anna made it possible for me to go to work every day because I never worried for Annabelle's safety, I knew she was taken care of, loved and I knew she was special there. Anna and Monica treat all the kids with such genuine affection and patience. This is honestly the hardest part of the move for me and I have been emotional about it for awhile. We have a daycare in Indiana for her but I know it won't be the same. How do you say thank you to someone who took care of your first baby, who emailed you every day at 3 with an update that kept you going during the rough work days, and who helped your child's first year of life be such a great one?

I don't know any other way then to just say Thank You Anna. She has been doing this for many years and has had many kids come through her door, but there was only one person who I left my first child with and I will always appreciate how much that person and her kindness meant to me.