Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Momma musings

Sam has been much better at the blog then I have recently, so I thought I would jot down a few thoughts while I had a moment.

First of all, I am on the road to recovery from my first sinus infection. I have new appreciation for two things: 1 - how much sinus infections suck and 2 - being sick while eight months pregnant is no fun. I have been lucky though, my pregnancy so far has been smooth and fairly mundane so I guess I can take one for the team with one crappy infection. Poor Annabelle - she has been knocked around the past couple days while I coughed uncontrollably. Luckily with all that padding in there she probably was just rocked to sleep.

The shower was indeed lovely and I was glad to have both grandmothers-to-be there to celebrate with me. It was fun time all around, good food, fun games and lots of pink goodies for Annabelle. My friends Carmen and Sacha did a great job throwing it.

Besides decorations her room is all ready for her and we have all the necessities, even diapers, in place for her debut. She is under strict orders not to come too early but Mom is definitely open to her arriving anytime come mid-April! I will be 33 weeks at the end of this week, which means only 7 weeks from due date and only 4 weeks from full term - wow - she is coming soon! We can't wait to meet her!