We went to our 12 week check-up today and got to hear the little tyke's heartbeat. Luckily I was prepared by my friends' experience as to how truly quick an experience it was - in two ways. First, a fetal heart rate is really fast - much faster then ours. Second, once the doc gets the heartbeat and knows all is well there is not much time to enjoy the sound - "Yep there it is, have a good day!" It wasn't quite that drastic but it is kind of comical - you get all psyched up for this amazing experience and I have looked forward to this for weeks and in about 2 minutes the whole thing is done. But all is well - the heart is beating, I am indeed really pregnant (until I get big and show more, every reminder is helpful) and Baby Spice is in there working hard to grow.
Other then that all my first check-up bloodwork came back and I am healthy and immune to all the important things and I finally know my own blood type! The visit itself was really short this time - hear the heartbeat, talk about any concerns and that's about it. I only gained one pound in my first trimester which is just right for me, so things are going well. Fall is officially here and eventually I need to break out the sweaters and see what will fit!
GO SOX!
Thursday, October 20, 2005
Thump thump thump thump thump
Posted by
Nicole Spicer
at
11:10 AM