Monday, May 19, 2008

Daddy's Birthday and an evening at the ballpark

Saturday was Daddy's birthday. The big 33. All I wanted for my birthday was a clear day so I could do some landscaping and a clear evening to take Annie to her first baseball game. As luck had it, we had a great day, sunny and warm all day. The evening proved to hold out just long enough for us to enjoy an evening out and watch Annie take in her first (semi) pro baseball game.
The local unaffiliated team is the Gary SouthShore RailCats. The City of Gary built a really nice minor league park for them in 2002. I have to admit that minor league baseball has a certain charm with their mascots, prizes, games, promotion, and all sorts of things.
Anyway, all I wanted was to head out to the game and see what Annie thought.
Well, she loved it! The RailCats have two mascots, Rusty and his little brother Rascal the RailCats. Annie was mezmorized by Rusty. The video listed below was just too funny and the pics are great too.







View the Video

View the Pics