Okay, it's truly sad how little we have blogged about Annabelle this year. Sam got a great start on our vacation blog, but without internet service in our room, we dropped off after the first one. So this blog is an attempt to finish off the vacation, share stories from Annabelle's 2nd Birthday, and to give an update after her latest check up. At some point soon Sam is going to do a separate blog that will include some pics - we got a lot of cute ones from both vacation and her birthday.
Vacation was a great time all around. Annabelle stayed with her Auntie Michie and Uncle Kevin for two nights while Sam and I enjoyed some alone time in Sedona. She did great! My big fear with leaving her was that she would miss us so much and not sleep. Boy was I wrong! She would get on the phone to chat with us, but other then that, my sister Shelley said she did not ask about us or anything. She had fun visiting the Phoenix Zoo and running around Auntie Michie's back yard. She kept her Uncle Kevin and cousin Alyse on their toes too as she wore them out all weekend. But hey, she slept at night! That was my one worry.
Once we got her up to Sedona with us, we did not do much sight seeing. I think all the travel was a little overwhelming for her. We spent a lot of time walking around the resort, pointing out the duckies in the water, and attempting to get her in the pool again. By the second pool trip I was able to get her all the way in the water with me, but we have more work to do this summer before she will become the little fishie I suspect she is.
She managed both plane flights with a great attitude and actually proved to be a really flexible traveler overall. This was a great way to test the waters with her. We all had a wonderfully relaxing time and came home with a few days together at home to clean and play outside while the Chicago nice weather held out for us. She loves being outside and can spend hours going in and out of her playhouse outside (or bossing Sam and I around from her house).
Annabelle turned 2 on Sat. April 26th. I wish I could say we had an amazing day that day, but actually, we ran a lot of errands and she threw a couple tantrums. Welcome to the 2s! We did get to spend the afternoon at the park though. Annabelle spent probably 20 minutes swinging, but had to keep switching between the two swings - apparently one was not enough! Her PawPaw and Marmee arrived that night (my mom and dad) and then she just went crazy - having visitors always seems to bring out the silly baby in her.
On Sunday we had a small family get together to celebrate her big day. Gee, it's so hard to be the first grandchild! Yes, she got spoiled by PawPaw and Marmee and Gmum and Gpops (Sam's mom and dad). That's correct, she does not have one single grandparent with a traditional name - we just wanted to make it fun. She got her first tricycle, a Dora cake, and managed to unwrap every gift and barely note what it was before moving on to the second one. Unwrapping seemed to be the best part for her. She had a great day and truly seems like such a big girl now.
Did I mention she got a toddler bed? Yes, the crib is gone. The first two nights went great and I was shocked at how easily she transitioned. Well, I spoke too soon. Lastnight she woke up three times and left her room looking for me twice. Still - she seems to adore her bed - she screams "My bed my bed" whenever she enters her room. I think the freedom to move around still freaks her out a bit, but she clearly doesn't miss her crib.
We had her 2-year checkup today and here are the stats:
Height: 36 inches (95%)
Weight: 29 pounds (70%)
She continues to be a long and lean little girl. Everything is in check except a persistent and nasty ear infection that has been hanging out too long. Other then that - she is great! She is talking up a storm, bossing her parents and dogs around daily, and generally keeping herself out of trouble because she is so doggone cute!!
Happy Spring to everyone!
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
A Very Long Blog...
Posted by
Nicole Spicer
at
1:54 PM