Well, just when I thought our little angel couldn't get any sweeter, she's became a pushy bully. That's right, the sweet little Button, that bundle of joy has become feared, by 3 year olds, at daycare. Now, let's put this into some perspective. Toddlers are, by their very nature, pushing the bounds of their world and learning what they can get away with. They are also usually grasping for their parents attention.
Perhaps I should step back a moment. Did I mention that in the last 2 months, Annie has been bitten 5 times by 4 different kids? No, perhaps I left that out. Well, normally, in a year period, Kindercare strives to have 5 or fewer bites for the entire Center, over a 12 month period. Us? Hell no, that'd be too mundane! So, Annie, has of course found a way to bring out the best in all of the little tykes there at Kindercare. She'll push, steal shoes, and proclaim the toy vacuum as her own, both of them.
Now, the best part, and believe me this is good, she seems to be pushier when mommy and daddy are around. That's right, she can be good all day long, but as soon as we show up, she makes a bee line for the nearest kid and checks them into the nearest table/wall/play kitchen. That's my favorite part ;)
Wait! I forgot to mention that they moved her into the Twos room. Now, by that, I mean that she is no longer in the Toddler room (for 12-24 month olds), but rather, our little 16 month old baby girl has been moved into the Twos room (24-36 month olds)! So, not only is she body checking kids into the wall, she doing it to kids that are bigger than her! They general logic here is that since she's huge for her age, she'll be more evenly matched in her new weight class, er, I mean age group. This makes a lot of sense when you consider that when shes in the Toddler room and pushes kids, they are so small that they just drop like a sack of potatoes.
Fear not though, we have a plan! Currently, the plan is that when we get there, if she body checks someone Nikki and I are not to react in any way. The prevailing thought here is that she does it when we are around for attention. So, we're gonna try and see if we can't break her of it.
What's the silver lining in all of this you may ask? Well, simply put, everyone still loves her. Ms. Eva, the Toddler room instructor, was actually ticked off that she was being moved to a different room. Annie isn't a bad kid, she's just announcing her presence with authority! The thing that I love is that she is such a little person now. She has evolved and grown and is exerting her personality and tendencies. Now, all we have to do is make sure she's not a menace to society :) Somehow, I think she'll be just fine!
PS, I'm almost positive that Nikki will have a rebuttal to this, but I'll let her handle that.
Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Our child, the bully!
Posted by
Anonymous
at
8:20 PM
Labels: development