Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Here's a couple cute things to share...

So my sweet little baby is officially a toddler - and I make this comment often. And I realized that in all the talk I share about her occasional temper tantrums and the fights against bed time, I am forgetting sometimes to point out all the adorable things she is doing as she comes into her own as Annabelle the little girl, not just Annabelle my baby.

A couple weekends ago while my parents were in town and she was fighting that hideous ear infection, she learned how to give kisses. Well, this has just taken off recently and she has become the kissest little one. Not only does she know how to blow a kiss to someone (and she tends to do this each morning when we leave the dogs for the day) but she also leans in to give you a kiss when you ask for it. Okay, sometimes she will deny you and shake her head to let you know that you don't deserve a kiss at that moment. But the past two days, when I picked her up at daycare the first thing I do is pick her up and then talk to the daycare provider about her day. Both days Annabelle searched my face until she was right in front of me and leaned in for a kiss - it was like she could not wait. It was the CUTEST thing and I get this huge grin every time I think about it.

She is big into imitating us right now - if you wipe your hands on your shirt then she tries to wipe her hands, when I say "choo-choo" about a train she manages to squeeze out "do-do", and she has officially said her first word - "uh-oh". She says it all the time. I think she drops things just to say uh-oh. But she clearly knows when to use it. Not much other language yet, but she is on the cusp, I can sense it.

All in all, she is just such fun and cuter every day. She is a stubborn and tenacious little one though - but she has got spunk, I will give her that. Okay, I just thought about her giving me kisses again and it made me smile. :)