Friday, April 20, 2007

Button, aka Annabelle, love from Boston (Updated)

So, I've been on a business trip, in Boston since Wednesday morning. It is now Friday night, and I am trapped in the Boston Logan Airport. My 7:15pm flight is now supposed to leave at 11:30pm. Now, I've travelled for business in my day, so I tend to not get too rattled about such things, they happen. I generally find it better to just sit back and try and relax, read a book, watch a movie on the laptop or something.
So, this time though, I decided to pull up Annie's pictures and movie, and I couldn't help but be heartened and happy to just marvel at her. I can't really describe it, though I'm sure I don't need to to any parent. Now, as much as I'd love to be home, at this point, just the promise of home is enough to make me happy. With a wife, kid, and puppies that cute, I really don't have much to gripe about.
As I look up, I now see that the flight has been pushed back to 11:51pm... time to watch my movie ;)

Update: for those wondering, the flight didn't actually leave until about 12:40pm EST. On the upside, there were only 14 passengers. Further, most of us became "travelling friends" as we waited in the terminal. Also, once on the place the flight attendants plied us with free booze and all the pretzels we could eat. After 2 gin and tonics, what the heck did I care :)