Thursday, September 07, 2006

Sleep and the puppies

So, it's been a while since a posting, and I thought that I'd share with you all the evil dark side of parenting ;)

I am, of course, referring to sleep or the lack thereof. Annabelle has recently discovered so many things that she has little interest in sleeping, despite the best efforts of her parents. I mean, if it isn't playing with her feet or trying like hell to roll over from back to front, it's something else. Now, for the most part, it's cute as all get out, except for when it is at 2am and she's woken up and decided to play. On the whole, she really isn't that bad, but last night was particularly exasperating. Thus, today's pragmatic post!

Now, all whining aside, Annie has really been waking up to the world. She's recently noticed the dogs, Asta and Ruby. The good news is that they still think she's neat, but not a threat. Recently, Annie was on the floor while Ruby was eating a Dingo (rawhide treat). Ruby is decidedly more defensive than Asta, meaning she'll get her dander up if she feels encroached upon. Anyway, Annie reached out to pet Ruby while she was eating her treat and Ruby could care less and didn't feel that Annie was making a move for her snack.

Asta and Ruby have been taking more and more interest in Annie's goings ons. When we get home from picking up Annie, the dogs always run up and try to give her kisses as she's strapped into her car seat. Annie loves to watch them too. The other day, I took them all out after work and Annie was mesmerized watching the dogs trot around the back yard.

Ok, enough, back to work... ;)