After reading Nikki's post, I felt compelled to throw in my .02.
It really is amazing how the time flies. Before the birth, I thought, "Wow, 2 whole weeks at home, that's gonna be great!" Of course, looking back, it now seems like the blink of an eye, and I wonder what happened.
The "little button," aka Annabelle, is just flourishing and I can hardly believe how far she's come in just a few weeks. Nik and I are betting she's around 10 lbs. now and has definitely spread out. By that, I mean that she's not reflexively curled into a ball most of the time and she really enjoys stretching and arching her back. She's starting to put 2+2 together and figure out that those are her limbs that keep smacking her in the face. Nikki and I are very happy about this of course because it means that when she wakes herself up with her own legs, she'll soon understand that if she stops moving them, she can sleep. I'm not holding my breath though.
The dogs are doing well and don't seem to have had any problem with the addition. Ruby is terribly curious, always wanting to sniff Annie's head or just check her out. Asta has passing interest and is far more concerned with when I want to play with him. He seems to want to keep his priorities straight.
Finally, Nikki has been amazing. She may have her frustrations with not necessarily always knowing what to do to entertain the kid, but she has been monumental at simply hanging in there with a newborn. The thing that amazes us is that Annie is a pretty good kid. No colic, no real "problems" to speak of, and still she's a bear. For those parents out there that have to deal with that, more power to you. They deserve a week in Hawaii just for the effort!
Ok, I'm done now. We promise to get some more pictures up soon, especially now that Annie's deep blue eyes are open and curious so much more. I hope they stay that color. It's just a very rich blue color that with lighter tints in the center, very pretty.
Tuesday, May 30, 2006
What she said
Posted by
Anonymous
at
10:15 AM