My official "due date" is only a little over a month away now. My unofficial due date is anywhere from 2-3 weeks away (unofficial meaning it is just wishful thinking on my part that the girl will make an early arrival).
Sam and I had our childbirth class this past weekend and it was very helpful and enlightening. The best part for both of us I think was seeing the actual Labor and Delivery rooms. They were not nearly as clinical or operational as we had imagined and it was great to be able to picture where this momentous occassion is going to take place. The actual focus on techniques for labor was a little rushed since it was one day free for all, but at this point both Sam and I are committed to making an effort to have an all natural pregnancy and we did pick up some helpful hints along the way.
We did have a clearly he/she moment that I found comical. While watching the video of actual labor the moment came where a baby's head was crowning (coming out of mom). My first reaction was "Oh my gosh, that is going to come out of me. " Sam's reaction was "That is so cool, I can't wait to do this." Pretty funny. As Sam said though, he is excited enough to help support me through and keep me going, and from I hear, I will need that then! I was a little overwhelmed seeing that, but then we saw two newborns in the nursery during our tour and all worries left my head again.
What is going to keep me busy now that March madness is almost over??
Monday, March 27, 2006
One month and counting
Posted by
Nicole Spicer
at
12:37 PM