For weeks now, Nikki has been feeling the baby kick or wiggle. Every now and then, she'll grab my hand and put it on her tummy, and ask, "Did you feel that????" So far I never have.
This morning, about 6:20am, Nikki comes back into the bedroom, having slept (barely) on the couch. First off, there wasn't a fight ;) Even before the pregnancy, Nikki had always been a restless sleeper, often times going out to the couch to watch some tv and try and fall back asleep. Back to the story. So, Nikki comes in, lays down, grabs my hand and puts it on the side of her tummy. Like I said, I've gotten used to this, and dutifully put my hand on her side, not expecting much.
"WHACK!!!!"
I let out an audible gasp, and shouted, "That's Annie!" It was amazing. I finally now understand Nikki's desire to constantly want to feel her kicking or wiggling. As Nikki described it, "It's not that I'm afraid when I don't feel her kick, it's just addictive, and I like feeling it." Well, I can now say that I at least understand a little bit more. That was pretty freakin' cool!
Happy New Year everyone!
Friday, December 30, 2005
Wow, now that's a kick!
Posted by
Anonymous
at
6:50 AM