Thursday, November 10, 2005

She "popped" and she "swore"

The two phrases in the title of the post are not related - it just sounded funny to me.

First off - I think I have "popped" - the ever so lovely term used to describe the moment a pregnant woman's belly has started to truly look pregnant with no where to go but out! Sam and I noticed it a day or two ago as all the sudden my belly juts out consistently and is fairly firm to the touch (not something my belly used to be). It's been exciting for both of us, as I spend time rubbing my tummy now and Sam feels comfortable talking to it - the baby is over 4.5 inches now, so we know it's actually a little person in there. Of course lastnight we also both had the realization of "wow, if this is how I look now, I am gonna be HUGE by the ninth month." Don't be shocked if you hear of me tipping over often in months to come.

Secondly - I "swore" my allegiance to uphold the United States and Illinois constitutions today - yes, I officially now have a license to practice law in the state of Illinois. The ceremony was, to be perfectly blunt - THE MOST BORING CEREMONY EVER! Worse then any graduation I have ever attended. The thing last two hours - 30 seconds of which was actually where we took our oath. The rest of the time? 20 speakers (yes, 20) who all wanted to wax philosophical on law, honor and give a shout out to whichever relative of theirs was being sworn in today. Everyone essentially said the same thing - and each speaker had a lengthy intro of their many accomplishments. Snooze. Sam was very patient with me though - I was bitter at such a waste of my time after I already put in three years and a full summer towards getting this license and yet I still had to suffer through this mind meld to be completely done - so I spent the whole time making off color jokes and rolling my eyes. He's such a trooper - he laughed at me and let me do it, which is part of why I love him.

So that is all the news for today. Our 16 week Dr. appt. is Monday so I am sure we will have a post then as well. Happy Thursday!